Pascal's TechBlog

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Corbicula anti virus: The GNOME HIG

I worked a bit on GNOME HIG compliancy this week, there are only some minor improvements to report:
  • I changed Corbicula's main application window from the deprecated GnomeApp to a plain GtkWindow.
  • I removed the About button on the toolbar which shouldn't have been there in the first place.
  • In the Scanning Dialog I changed the 'OK' button into a 'Delete Selected' button, this way the user doesn't delete his files accidentally.
  • In the Scanning Dialog I changed the 'Cancel' button into a 'Close' button, I'm still not so sure about this one... Maybe I'll change it into a 'Abort' button later, I'm gonna have to sleep on this one.
  • The expanders also got removed from the ScanningDialog, they weren't that useful, they got replaced by frames which have a standard indentation, which looks very appropriate.
  • I managed to line up my widgets a bit, this looks very tidy.
The next two weeks are probably going to be a bit slow, I'll try to have a Ubuntu package ready at the end of that period. No promises though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home