Pascal's TechBlog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Bluetooth adventures with GNOME

My dad recently got a Bluetooth capable phone, so I went out and bought a Conceptronic Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter 200M. The device identified itself as follows:

Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Setting up Bluetooth in Ubuntu Breezy was, well..., a Breeze... I just installed 'gnome-bluetooth' through Synaptic. I plugged in the dongle, and started Bluetooth File Sharing from the Systems Tools menu. Next, the file transfer was initiated from the phone, a popup appeared on my desktop asking whether I wanted to accept a picture from 'Nokia'. After accepting the transfer, the picture appeared in my Home Folder.

Kudos to Edd Dumbill, for making my life a little bit easier. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home