Pascal's TechBlog

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Last night I finally finished playing Prince Of Persia: Sands of Time. I bought it a couple of weeks ago at a discount price. Not really expecting that much from the game, I was in for a surprise...

I really need to emphasize the fact that the Prince of Persia levels design is nothing short of brilliant! Most scenes are at the very least breath taking!

Another aspect of the game which is very good, was the voice acting. The voice actors playing Prince and Farah were properly selected to 'fit' the 3D characters.

The only major downside of PoP:SoT seems to be it's third person camera. Please don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with third person views, except that the camera code in PoP seems flip out sometimes. This behaviour seems to be exercerbated by small enclosures and heavy movements. This can really make combat a sour experience! But on the flip side, looking at other games, the camera issue seems omnipresent in 3D platform games. So this isn't really a downside since most games don't get this right...

One really cool feature is the possibility to unlock the original Prince of Persia game by Jordan Mechner halfway through the game. It seems the Ubisoft folks used the 'newer' Macintosh graphics, which looks great on a television.

It took me about 15 hours the complete the game, making PoP:SoT the first game I've completed on my GameCube. I can definately recommend it to anyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home