Pascal's TechBlog

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Corbicula anti virus: progress report

I have finally been able to do some work on Corbicula anti virus!

First off, I now have a final user interface design, and after having read some more of the GNOME HIG, making it a druidish user interface seemed like a mistake. So it'll be a classic virus scanner interface using plain ol' dialogs.

I also have a proof of concept application, the virus scanning process actually works, but the application doesn't work very well. Amongst other things, I need to thread the scanning process to keep the user interface responsive. This also means I need to seriously read up on Mono threading!

Anyway, I did apply for another sourceforge project, which will be available at corbicula.sourceforge.net if it gets approved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home