Pascal's TechBlog

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Advanced Trivial FTP

The other day I had to install a TFTP daemon on my machine, to upgrade the IOS software of my Router, after considering my options, I went with atftpd, mainly because atftpd is very full featured and can be run standalone, without being dependant on inetd.

First install the Advanced Trivial FTP daemon and client:
# apt-get install atftpd atftp

Second create a tftpboot directory on your file system, make sure it's world writable if you want to be able to upload stuff:
# mkdir /tftpboot
# chmod 777 /tftpboot

Next edit your /etc/default/atftpd file to match this:
USE_INETD=false
OPTIONS="--daemon --port 69 --tftpd-timeout 300 --retry-timeout 5 --mcast-port 1758 --mcast-addr 239.239.239.0-255 --mcast-ttl 1 --maxthread 100 --verbose=5 /tftpboot"

Now you can start and stop the Advanced Trivial FTP daemon like so:
# /etc/init.d/atftpd start
# /etc/init.d/atftpd stop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home